Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Running to Get the Prize

I'm a runner.  It's my thing.  It's how I balance parenting, work, school, and everything else that comes my way.  There's something so peaceful about getting outside and taking in the beauty that is all around me.  It's the 'me time' I cherish the most.

I used to rely on a playlist of upbeat tunes for motivation.  However, over the last year or so, I've spent my running time in prayer.  I thanked God for the blessings He bestowed on my life--family, health, friends, and countless other things.  I prayed to God asking him to guide and protect our family as we took this walk with Him.  I made a covenant with God that I would go where He chose to lead me--where He chose to lead our family.

I'm a creature of habit when it comes to my usual running route--I rarely veer from it.  I know the exact distance and exactly how long it should take me to complete it.  Things were kind of the same with our life--we had set some specific goals and knew exactly what we needed to accomplish them.  Turns out, God had other plans in mind.  Our path may have changed, but God has not.  He was, is, and will always be right here--guiding our way.  Be sure of this: I am with you always…  Matthew 28:20

Our family is now on a different path, running a different race.  It may be new to us, but it's one God had planned all along.  We're going to run it as a family and give all the glory to God when we cross that finish line!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize…we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  1 Corinthians 9:24-25

2 comments:

  1. Amy, all I can say is that two of your posts have brought me to tears. I cried tears for Paige and your family the day I found out about her diagnosis. But the tears while reading your posts were because you touched on things that are so real and applicable in my life. God has given you and your family a ministry. Keep preaching, girl, even though you will never know, at least while here, all the lives being touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep blogging. You have an amazing gift for putting God's intentions for your life in writing. Document EVERYTHING, whether for yourself or for everyone to read. When Paige is older, all of this will help guide her in her testimony. I will keep praying for your precious family. Much love, Amy Jones

    ReplyDelete