- 'Something' kept us from walking out the door of the ER that night after a 6-hour wait.
- The steroids given to Paige for her initial pneumonia diagnosis were 'by chance' the same ones the hospital doctors began administering ASAP.
- A former co-worker of my husband's is a 30-year survivor of the exact same illness. He 'just happens' to live in our neighborhood.
- His wife is 'coincidentally' a nurse manager on the exact floor Paige has received stellar oncology-related treatment.
- The son of my mom's childhood friend fought and won a similar battle with childhood cancer and is ready to share/support as needed.
- One of my co-workers displayed awesome, inspiring strength as her mother battled cancer and her husband battled kidney disease simultaneously.
- We are about to become a one-income family for a while…and though it will be tight, I have seen God provide for another household in our family with just one income--in ways that anyone else might have never believed.
Chance. Fate. Coincidence. No way. The sense of peace I have with everything about this situation--from diagnosis to prognosis to what lies ahead--comes not from the belief in sheer chance but by absolute faith that our God is awesome, and He has laid out in a plan for our lives that won't end in anything but awesomeness.
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you…will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8