Sunday, January 19, 2014

Giving it to God

You'd think that receiving the kind of news we got last Friday would still have us shaking in our boots.  Will she be okay?  What will we do?  Can we make it on one income for a while?  For as long as I can remember, I've heard people talk about "giving it to God"--and He would take care of the details.  As a recovering control freak, it was always very hard for me to do.  I felt like I could give most of it to God, but I never let go 100%.  Until now.

Sitting in the hospital chapel--totally broken--I completely let go and gave it to God.  This was not something I could fix.  Not something I could make better.  No matter what I did, said, or thought--I was not in control.  He had to take it--He wanted to take it.  And He did.

Peace came over me--a peace like I have never known before.  Paige would be okay. We will do everything needed to support her through this process.  We can make it.  God will deliver her and supply our needs--it's that simple.  Ten days in, and the peace is still there.  Figuring out our 'new normal,' and the peace is still there.  Talking about chemo and imminent hair loss, and the peace is still there.  My faith will not be shaken.  God is my peace.

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.  Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment