Saturday, August 2, 2014

Baby Steps

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.   Philippians 4:13

I almost can't remember the last time I saw Paige walk with no pain.  I know it's only been a few weeks--but it's been a very long few weeks.  One of the goals during our extended hospital stay has been to get her pain under control, which would then allow us to work on increasing her mobility.  I think I can safely say we've seen some success.

An adjustment to her pain medication regimen has brought Paige a significant amount of relief.  She is now able to change positions while sitting or lying down without experiencing extreme pain.  In fact, she is taking only scheduled meds and hasn't had any 'breakthrough' pain that would necessitate extra dosing.  I've found myself just watching her as she's resting or watching television--the peaceful look on her face speaks volumes.

The introduction of a boot this week has allowed Paige to get around on her own.  She was a little apprehensive at first, but Physical Therapy staff worked with her until she was comfortable navigating the halls on her own.  They even 'graduated' her, saying she was doing so well that their job was done.  Paige is now somewhat of a pro with the boot and is getting used to strapping it on every time she needs to get up and around.  It's done wonders with taking the pressure off the injury--and giving her back some of the independence she's desperately missed.

One step at a time.  One day at a time.  Thankful all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment