Saturday, August 11, 2018

Another Birthday in Heaven

My heart. My sweet girl. My precious Paige.

Eighteen years ago today you came into the world--a 10-pound, 1/2-ounce beautiful baby girl. You made me a mom and stole my heart from the second I laid eyes on you. You melted me with your smile. You challenged me with your sass. You strengthened me with your bravery and determination. You inspired me with your unshakable, abiding faith.

Today marks the second birthday you're spending in Heaven. Your 18th birthday. Once upon a time I figured we would celebrate it as we moved you into your college dorm. Never in a million years did I think I would find myself bringing flowers to your gravestone.

You've been with Jesus over 21 months now, sweet girl, and we are doing our best to continue your mission of helping others--any way we can. Sharing your incredible story. Fundraising for research. Helping other families. Your sassy spirit and beautiful soul are the inspiration for all of it.

As brokenhearted as I am to mark this second birthday without you here, I am truly thankful you are perfectly healed and whole. You, my love, are in the presence of Jesus. Happy 18th Birthday, Paige Madison. I'll see you in a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Paige! Sending you chocolate chip pancake love!!❤

    ReplyDelete